Important Worktop template & installation & bespoke supply only information before placing your order. Please contact our office with any queries. Please also refer to, Site Preparation for Template & Installation Visit, PDF emailed with your worktop quote.
- Unrivalled template and fitting service by the UK’s best Quality Network approved fitters.
- In most cases it will be a laser template.
- Professional worktop drawings after template for your approval, before worktop fabrication & installation (If we do not receive any further communication within your timescale stated on our email, we will accept this as approval and proceed with Manufacturing your Order)
- Full original 10 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
TEMPLATE & INSTALLATION TERMS –
1. Preceding the scheduled template and installation appointments, the customer must carry out the following preparations:-
2. You or an authorised person must be present to allow access to the property and to agree and finalise all project details with the template team, regarding items such as joints, cut outs, upstands etc.
3. All additions, omissions and amendments made to the project details at the template stage will supersede all previous quotation details, resulting in possible price changes.
4. Further changes are not always possible after the templating stage.
5. The agreed and signed off template sheet indicates what will be fabricated.
6. All base units must be fixed in place and level.
7. No dresser or worktop units to be installed.
8. Existing worktop removal and the disconnection and removal of appliances, sinks and taps etc, before and after template and installation, is the responsibility of the customer.
9. Supportive wall brackets or batons to be supplied and fitted by the customer, where no supporting unit is present. Gaps greater than 600mm require battening, and units which are greater than 600mm require battening in the service void. Support is required for breakfast bars over 300mm deep.
10. Sinks and taps must be onsite for the scheduled template appointment in order that measurements and orientation can be noted. Some sinks may be taken by the templating team to fit to the worktop in the fabrication unit.
11. Hobs, extractor fans and any other appliances requiring a template must be onsite and should also be available to the template team.
12. Ceramic/Granite under mounted sinks require a support cradle fabricating by the customers kitchen installer/joiner and must be in place at the template stage.
13. Any changes made to kitchen layout or design after template may result in a failed installation. If this occurs, the customer will be liable for all associated re-templating/installation charges. Please satisfy yourself that all your final requirements have been agreed and confirmed with the template team before signing the template sheet.
14. An Aga or Range cooker should be in position at time of scheduled template.
15. Worktops weighing more than 150kg may require additional labour and this would be supplied by the fabrication dept.
16. Every effort will be made to carry out template and installation appointments on the scheduled dates. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any delay or cancellation of appointments due to unforeseen circumstances and the resulting inconvenience and cost. Time slots are given a day or two before each appointment. Please allow for any unforeseen delays that may result in the templaters/fitters arriving later than the given slot.
17. Your price may change if any extras are added to the original specification.
18. Splash-backs and upstands over 100mm high must have a minimum gap from the face to the rear of the hob: Electric 50mm, Gas 100mm
19. Every effort will be made to carry out template and installation appointments on the scheduled dates. No deposit refunds can be given after a template appointment visit. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any delay or cancellation of appointments or any remedial works due to unforeseen circumstances and the resulting inconvenience and cost. Due to the nature of bespoke worktops that require, templating and fitting, in the unlikely event that there are issues during installation, the customer must allow remedial work to be carried out to rectify the issue until the worktops are completed to DuPont & Apollo standards. Any remedial work will be carried out as promptly as possible, Discount Worktop Store cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred whilst the remedial re-work has to be carried out. Customers should make arrangements for tradesmen to be on site a day or two after installation incase remedial work needs to be carried out by Discount Worktop Store. Time slots are given a day or two before each appointment. Please allow for any unforeseen delays that may result in the templaters/fitters arriving later than the given slot.
20. If you wish to postpone a template or installation appointment, please inform us no less than 24 hours prior in order to avoid the appointment being charged again. We will be happy to arrange a more convenient time for you. Part refunds are given for cancellations of templates up to 5 days before your appointed template date.
21. Clerical errors and omissions are subject to correction without notice. Discount Worktop Store Ltd are not liable for any costs incurred in such circumstances. Once bespoke worktops have been fabricated no refunds can be given.
22. Quotes. Please check all submitted specification/plans/measurements are correct with quote/s issued by Discount Worktop Store Ltd. It is up to the customer to make sure that the quote given by Discount Worktop Store Ltd is what is asked for. Again any typos, clerical errors and omissions are subject to correction without notice.
Extra labour may be required to help off load the worktops before installation. Charges will occur for fabricators to use own extra labour. This also applies if no suitable parking is available outside customers premises when worktops are to be installed on given date. These will be accessed at the template stage. From an Health and Safety perspective we can no longer allow members of the public (third parties, including kitchen installers and builders) to assist with lifting our worktops on site.
Corian Thickness & Solid Surface Splash Backs
Corian comes in 12mm solid surface with moisture resistant MDF subframe to your bespoke thickness. Standard being 38mm. Typical slab is 3600mm x 760mm x 12mm.
Splashbacks and upstands over 100mm high must have a minimum gap from the face to the rear of the hob: Electric 50mm, Gas 100mm.
Underside Polishing For Quartz & Granite
Please let us know if you require, any over hangs for underside of worktops, underside of breakfast bars, inside of end panel/waterfall legs etc, to be polished off.
Underside Cladding For Corian
Please let us know if you require, any over hangs for underside of worktops, underside of breakfast bars, underside of worktops, inside of end panel/waterfall legs etc, to be clad in Corian. Please also inform us if you require solid MDF for the underside finish.
Delivery & Handling of Be-spoke Worktops.
Under normal circumstances worktops are delivered to installations teams made up of 2 men who take the worktops off our delivery driver and deliver to site to complete the installation.
Worktops over 2900mm long may require a site join. Worktops over 1200mm wide may also require a site join. Support is required for breakfast bars/overhangs over 300mm. Support must be figured out and supplied by the customer.
Worktops that are over 1.8m2 in size require additional labour to carry the worktops on to site and lift into place.
The following will be assessed at the template stage:
Worktops up to 1.8m2 (2000 x 900mm) includes for 2 people and is built into the standard installation price.
Worktops over 1.8m2 and up to 3.6m2 require Extra Labour which provides 4 people (2 installers and 2 additional).
Worktops over 3.6m2 require Extra Labour which provides 6 people (2 installers and 4 additional).
Access to premises may need extra labour. e.g. Flats. Tower Blocks.
Delivery of Supply Only Corian –
Supply Only Corian with coved up stands – 10mm high Coved up stands is the maximum height we fabricate for transit. Any up stands higher and the additional up stand will need to be glued to top of coving, on site.
Delivery Of Supply Only/DIY/Modular Worktops
Under the terms and conditions of sale set out below:
a) “The Company” means The Discount Worktop Store
b) ‘The Buyer” means the corporation, firm, company, institution, person or persons to whom a quotation is made or to whom goods are sold by the Company.
c) “Goods” mean products or services supplied by the Company under this contract.
Any order accepted by the Company whether or not it is based on or results from this or any other quotation or tender given by the Company is deemed to incorporate these terms and conditions: No variation or modification of or substitution for these terms and conditions (even if included in or referred to in the document placing the order) shall be binding on the Company unless specifically accepted by the Company in writing.
We may refuse to accept an order:
(a) where goods are not available;
(b) where we cannot obtain authorisation for your payment;
(c) if there has been a pricing or product description error;
(d) if you do not meet any eligibility criteria set out in our terms and conditions: or,
(e) for any other reason at our sole discretion.
3. Validity of Quotation
Unless amended or withdrawn the Company’s quotation is open for acceptance for the period stated therein or where no period is stated for 7 days after the date thereof. The Company’s quotation is not an offer but merely an invitation to the Buyer to make an order for goods under the terms and conditions of the quotation.
4. Confirmation of Orders & Cancellations
Orders accepted by the Company may not be cancelled unless agreed in writing by the Company. Cancellation of goods ordered to the Buyer’s own specification would not be accepted. This applies to all goods deemed specialist by way of being specifically ordered, bespoke, cut or unique in character for the customer. Buyer must submit a plan for bespoke supply only orders. A final drawing based on the supplied plan will be emailed to buyer for confirmation. The company cannot accept responsibility for errors in the information supplied to ourselves; any issues that may affect manufacture must be reported within stated hours of receipt of the emailed final drawing document. Bespoke order cannot be cancelled after drawing is approved. Payment must be taken before worktops are fabricated. Orders by cable, telegram, telex or telephone are accepted only at senders risk and subject to these conditions. They should always be confirmed in writing. In the event that the company agrees to accept a cancellation it reserves the right to recover any costs incurred in the processing of that order to the date of cancellation.
5. Returned Goods
Goods once dispatched may be returned within 7 days and will be credited minus admin & carrier costs. Goods returned must be adequately identified and packed and sent carriage paid. The goods must be received in the same condition as at date of dispatch from the Company’s warehouse.
The Company’s goods are tested or examined before dispatch but are supplied without any warranty condition or guarantee expressed or implied that they are suitable for use under any special conditions or for any particular purpose although such condition or purpose may be known to the Company at the time nor in the absence of a specific guarantee in writing is any guarantee given as to the life or wear of the Company’s goods. The Company will however repair or at their option replace goods in which defects under proper use and installation appear within a period of twelve calendar months after installation and which arise solely from faulty design, materials or workmanship other than design or materials made or specified by the Buyer, provided always that acceptable proof is rendered as to the date of purchase and any defective parts are promptly returned free to the Company’s address. Induction hobs sink cut-outs are not covered by the warranty as are the Fitting of sinks (including open flange under-mounted sinks) after 1 year.
Hardwood Care. The provisions of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 and Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 shall apply to this contract but this guarantee is given in lieu of all warranties or conditions and liabilities whatsoever implied by law, statute or otherwise, and in particular, without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Company shall not be liable for loss of profit or goodwill of the Buyer or any other person arising, directly or indirectly, from any breach of this contract or for any other indirect or consequential damage whatsoever save as provided in this clause neither the Company nor it’s servants and agents shall be under any liability whether in contract tort or otherwise howsoever, in respect of the goods or for any injury, damage or loss whatsoever and howsoever resulting there from or from any work done in connection therewith.
Hardwood is deemed as a “breathing” product and is subject to particular care to avoid warping, bowing etc. Hardwood must be stored flat and indoors at all times. Batons are required for airing if stacking boards and hardwood should be rotated if lying for longer than 4 days. Wrapping serves as a humidity barrier and should remain on the worktops until ready for oiling/waxing. Hardwood must be kept out of direct sunlight or extreme conditions until fitting. A minimum of 48 hours should pass with the hardwood in the same location following delivery before oiling/waxing. Varnishing or any “poly” type sealant is NOT recommended. Goods must be thoroughly checked for faults, damages and colour variations at the point of delivery. Claims cannot be accepted after this time. Colour variations typically correct following a short period (several months) after oiling.
Prices are subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. Orders can only be accepted subject to the condition that goods will be invoiced at prices ruling on the date of dispatch from warehouse unless otherwise stated on an official quotation of the Company. Unless otherwise stated, prices are net ex works excluding VAT.
8. Fulfilment of Order
In the event that the original requested order is not available The company reserves the right to upgrade the buyers order to the nearest available equivalent. Such an upgrade/amendment will be without charge to the buyer.
Delivery shall take place kerbside at the address supplied by the Buyer. If by reason of the Buyer’s default the goods are not taken up or delivered by the date specified in the contract, the Company may either treat the contract as repudiated or alternatively store the goods at the Buyer’s risk and expense. Estimates of delivery dates and times are to be regarded as approximate only and the Company accepts no liability for any loss, injury, damage or expense as a result of or consequent to any delay in delivery of goods. Delay due to circumstances outside the control of the Company shall not entitle the customer to cancel any order or refuse to accept delivery. Offers for delivery from stock are made subject to goods remaining unsold on receipt of order.
Deliveries are Mon to Fri 8am – 6pm unless otherwise stated. Saturdays may be negotiated by special arrangement and cost.
Access and exit by delivery vehicle may be required it is therefore the responsibility of the Buyer to inform the company should this not be possible due to inadequate turning, vehicle weight, width or height restriction. Delivery vehicle parking must be within close and safe proximity to the delivery address. Parking restriction and permits are the responsibility of the customer and must be in place on template, delivery or installation dates given. The Buyer shall indemnify the Company against all claims for damages and liability whatsoever arising out of compliance by the Company with the Buyers delivery instructions. Failed deliveries are rechargeable at the full rate.
10. Unloading and Receiving Of Goods:
The Buyer shall provide all necessary assistance to the Company in unloading Goods at the point of delivery by way of a minimum of two able-bodied helpers. Also applies to retrun of goods or any reworks to be carried out. It is the driver’s responsibility to deliver the goods to within safe and practical distance to both themselves and the vehicle from the delivery point only and not into the delivery address. Worktops are to be stored flat until installation. They must be stored in a dry place with a continuous warm temperature. The Buyer shall indemnify the Company against all claims for damages and liability whatsoever arising out of compliance by the Company with the Buyers delivery instructions. Failed deliveries are rechargeable at the cost charged or incurred to the Company.
11. Property in the Goods
The property in Goods delivered under this contract shall not pass to the Buyer until their price and interest (payable pursuant to Clause 11), and any other sum payable under this contract have been paid in full. Until actual payment of all such sums, the Buyer shall hold the Goods in the fiduciary capacity of bailee (and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, the Buyer shall store and mark the Goods in such manner that they shall be readily ascertainable as goods which are the property of the Company) provided that this shall not prevent the Buyer from selling and using the Goods in the ordinary course of his business until such permission has been withdrawn pursuant to Clause 11.
Risk shall pass when the goods are delivered kerbside to the Buyer. Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer or their agent at the moment of arrival of the Goods at the point of delivery and before the commencement of unloading, or at point of loading if the Buyer or a carrier/agent is collecting the Goods representing the Buyer. Delivery being defined as in Clause 9 above.
Balance payment for bespoke orders will be paid before the worktops are fabricated. Liability for payment of Goods shall arise with order or 10% of the order in the event of a template service being required. Balance in full is payable following template. Price may vary if details vary. Payment may be made by credit or debit card, cleared cheque or BACS transfer. No deliveries or manufacture can take place until the company receives such payment. Should payment not be made by such date or if the Buyer is in default as regards payment under this contract with the Company, the Company (without prejudice to its other rights) reserves the rights.
a) to suspend deliveries under this contract for so long as the default continues
b) to serve notice on the Buyer that if sums due under this contract are not paid within 14 days the Company shall be entitled to treat this contract as repudiated or
c) to sue for the price, notwithstanding that property in the Goods has not passed to the Buyer
After service of this notice described in (b) above, or on the occurrence of any of the circumstances described in Clause 12 as entitling the Company to treat this contract as repudiated, the Buyer shall not submit Goods to any process of manufacture, incorporate them nor mix them with other goods, nor change their nature in any way whatsoever nor shall the Buyer sell any Goods which are still the property of the Company to a third party until all monies due to the Company are paid.
Without prejudice to its other rights, the Company may by notice treat this contract as repudiated if: the Buyer enters into liquidation whether compulsory or voluntary (except for the purposes of a solvent reconstruction or amalgamation), or the Buyer becomes insolvent within the meaning of Section 61 (4) Sale of Goods Act 1979 or does any other act of bankruptcy as defined by Section 1 Bankruptcy Act 1914 or any act which would be an act of bankruptcy if the Buyer were an individual, or the Buyer makes any assignment to or agreement or composition with his creditors, or a receiver of the whole or any parts of the Buyer’s undertaking is appointed, or a meeting is convened at which a resolution to wind up the Buyer will be proposed or on the passing of a resolution or the presentation of a petition to wind up the Buyer, or on any other event or default of any nature whatsoever which would cause the Company reasonably no consider that its property in the Goods or in their proceeds of resale by the Buyer may’ be adversely affected, or that it is unlikely to be paid in full for the Goods. On such notice, all Goods which remain the property of the Company shall forthwith be redelivered to the Company at the Buyer’s risk and expense and for the purpose of taking possession of such Goods the Buyer hereby grants to the Company’s representative a license to enter upon its premises or any other premises where those Goods are stored during normal business hours to remove such Goods.
15. Part Payment and Resale
If not withstanding the Buyer’s default, the Company chooses to enforce this contract, it shall recover and sell only so many of the Goods as may be necessary to obtain the full purchase price interest and other sums due front the Buyer with such further sum as represents proper damages for the Buyer’s breach of contract, any surplus Goods or funds obtained from such resale shall be passed on to the Buyer. If the Company chooses to treat this contract as repudiated, the Company shall repay to the Buyer any part payment of the purchase price of those Goods which remains after deduction of an amount representing damages for the Buyer’s breach of contract. If the Buyer sells any Goods which remain the Company’s property, the proceeds of resale and/or the claims to such proceeds shall at all times be held on trust for the Company and the Buyer shall pay all such proceeds into a bank account separate from all other monies and the Company shall account to the Buyer for any sums in excess of the price for the Goods and other sums payable under this contract.
16. Laws Applicable
Any contract subsisting between the Company and the Buyer shall be construed in all respects in accordance with the Laws of England and unless otherwise arranged is subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Clerical errors and omissions are subject to correction without notice. Discount Worktop Store Ltd are not liable for any costs incurred to the customer in such circumstances.
18. Damage or Shortage
a) Goods are to be checked on delivery. Where goods are delivered by outside carriers, damage or part loss claims cannot be accepted unless the carriers and the Company is notified on the day of delivery and confirmed in writing within three days from date of delivery.
b) Where the Company delivers goods and a receipt of delivery note signed by the customer is received, the goods will be considered as examined and therefore the Company can accept no claim for damage or loss.
c) The Buyer may not exclude this provision either by marking his signature ‘unexamined’ or by failing to return the signed delivery note or otherwise
• The Company shall not be liable for any claims made in respect of costs incurred in replacing or re-fixing damaged or faulty goods. The Company’s liability is to replace damaged or faulty Goods or item only in accordance with Manufactures Guarantee.
• Flawed goods if fitted are deemed as accepted. The Company is not responsible for any loss or cost incurred should it agree to replace the flawed item. The customer is liable for replacement installation costs. This does not affect statutory rights.
Notices shall be in writing by email or sent to the address of the appropriate party set out on the face of this contract or to such other address as may from time to time (by notice to the other party) be designated, and notices shall be deemed to have been duly given:
• on the date of transmission if sent by email or fax
• on the date of delivery if delivered by hand
• two days after the date of posting if sent by First Class Mail
In proving service by post it shall be sufficient to prove the envelope containing the notice was properly addressed, stamped and posted.
20. No Waiver
No relaxation, forbearance, indulgence or delay by either party in enforcing any of the terms of this Agreement or the granting of time by either party to the other shall affect, prejudice or restrict the rights of the other party under this Agreement nor shall any waiver of any breach of this Agreement operate as a waiver of any subsequent breach. Every effort will be made to carry delivery appointments on the scheduled date. However, the company cannot be held responsible for any delay or cancellation of appointments and any resulting inconvenience and cost. Customers should make arrangements for tradesmen to be on site a day or two after delivery incase of any unforeseen circumstances. No time slots are given. Delivery is 8am – 6pm. Please allow for any unforeseen delays that may result in the worktop arriving later than the given slot.
If you have any queries about our Terms & Conditions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org